The Bhopal unit was established in 2004, while the Indore unit was established in 2010 with a view and aim to address the day to day human rights violations in the region. Our work has been diverse and has targeted areas ranging from women’s rights, Dalit rights, prisoner’s rights, housing rights for the marginalised section and reproductive rights, child rights to catering to the needs of HIV patients, acid attack victims and people adversely affected by gross medical negligence has been the top most priority of our unit.
A number of Public interest litigations have been filed to combat these social evils, most of which have yielded outcomes that have favored the victims who were in dire need for justice. Compensation has been awarded to the people who deserved it and facilities such as hospitals and medical care have seen a drastic improvement. Our work has not been limited to Indore; a couple of cases relating to medical negligence have been filed in the Gwalior bench of the Madhya Pradesh High Court and are awaiting their decisions.
- Dalit Rights : The practice of untouchability, discrimination against Dalits, Dalit women's rights.
- Labour Rights: Issues related to the discrimination, illegal termination, minimum wages, no pay and other issues of daily wages labour working in govt.and their departments.
- Health Rights : Issues of sexual and reproductive rights and discrimination against the marginalized in the public health system.
- Women's Justice : Prevention of violence and discrimination with focus on sexual harassment and domestic violence.
- Acid Attack Cases : Support the acid attack survivors in obtaining adequate care and compensation and ensure justice is not undermined.
Slideshow - PIL's & Cases.
26/11/2017Anjali Anand vs. State of M.P. and Others
Support the Madhya Pradesh unit.
Indore : Adv. Shanno Shagufta Khan
VISIT THE HRLN OFFICE FOR LEGAL SUPPORT OR TO KNOW MORE ABOUT OUR WORK:
Indore Office address
Human Rights Law Network
LG-3 Rajani Bhavan
Opposite High Court,
Indore (MP) |